EVANSTON, Ill. – October 21, 2021 – ZS was named a Leader in R&D strategic consulting and a Major Player in R&D IT outsourcing (ITO) in two IDC MarketScape assessments that illuminate the competitive landscape for R&D consulting firms in the life sciences space.
“What makes ZS unique is that they are leading R&D digital transformation from the intersection of technology, data science and business,” notes the author of the IDC MarketScape for Strategic Consulting, Dr. Nimita Limaye, Research VP, Life Sciences R&D Strategy and Technology, at IDC Health Insights. Some of the strengths attributed to ZS in the two assessments include:
- Accelerators. ZS is seen as an analytical powerhouse, armed with a host of proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) and advanced analytics-based accelerators made for a range of R&D applications within life sciences.
- Solutions. To complement its collaborative, UX-focused engineering approach, ZS has built its solutions on a common-components framework (CCF) so they can ingest data from diverse sources and enable workbench flexibility.
- Expertise. ZS is differentiated by expertise in niche areas, including clinical study and budget management, integrated study design and feasibility, translational research strategy, medical affairs and real-world evidence.
- Innovation. ZS has built an advisory board of pharma leaders to help guide its strategy and remains focused on innovation: Over 50% of its ITO business is dedicated to innovation or intellectual property (IP) and one-fourth of its R&D ITO work is already AI-powered.
- People. ZS retains a large, experienced and skilled workforce with a deep understanding of R&D, and it recently made three acquisitions—Medullan, Braincase LLC and the assets of ZS Vista (formerly BASES Pharmaceutical Forecasting)—that will further enhance its products and offerings.
- Partnerships. ZS has cultivated a strategic partnership ecosystem with key digital platforms and data providers, allowing the firm to generate insights based on rich, multidimensional data.
“ZS is investing significantly in innovative capabilities across the research and development life cycle,” noted Aaron Mitchell, ZS’s R&D Excellence practice leader. “These investments reflect our commitment to strategically partner with our clients on the discovery and development of innovative medicines that improve the lives of patients.”
For R&D strategic consulting, ZS was placed in the Leaders Category of the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategic Consulting Services 2021 Assessment,” ¹ along with eight other vendors. In the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science R&D ITO Services 2021 Vendor Assessment,” ² ZS was named a Major Player in a cohort of 11 ITO providers.
“ZS is honored by this recognition,” Aaron Mitchell reflected. “Acknowledgement in these MarketScapes is especially gratifying, knowing they are partly based on our clients’ feedback.”
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. We leverage our deep industry expertise, leading-edge analytics, technology and strategy to create solutions that work in the real world. With more than 35 years of experience and 10,000-plus ZSers in more than 25 offices worldwide, we are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive. To learn more, visit www.zs.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
- August 2021, IDC #US48159321, Copyright 2021 IDC.
- August 2021, IDC #US47455021, Copyright 2021 IDC.